Sunday, May 30, 2010

iBelieve...










In Korea, there's an idiom "Genius can't overcome the person who puts efforts but the person who puts efforts can't overcome the person who enjoy themselves.

I believe I can go beyond my capacity if I enjoy myself rather than trying my best effort to achieve something. This thought first came to my mind when I started to become talented and achieve my goal at music. The story began when I was 5th grade student. When I started to play my 2nd instrument – saxophone, I had put lots of effort to play this complicated, heavy instrument. However, it was hard and complicated than I expected and my efforts were pretty useless.

The time passed on and I still couldn’t play this gigantic instrument but I wanted to play this saxophone well. I tried and tried, but didn’t work. But at least I was better than other sax players who never tried to get better. However, I wasn’t satisfied. Then, I just started to enjoy learning instruments.

Over few days later, I became the best sax player in my whole grade. Then, I started to enjoy music and I started to learn more instruments such as oboe, drum, flute, piano, bass, trombone, etc. Now, I can’t remember how many instruments I learnt over one year. My music skills and the adapting new instruments skills were much better than before because I started to enjoy music, not just putting my effort. Then, I was proud of myself and thought I should learn more music instruments because I enjoy it and it has lots of benefits of learning new instruments.

As I started to enjoy music, music became one of my favorite subjects in the school. As I enjoyed myself, my music grades got better. My music skills improved. So, I thought. If I enjoy myself rather than trying my best effort to achieve something, I can go beyond my capacity.

How about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, You Tried Oboe? Teach me too. ㅜ0ㅜ i wont be mean to you,,, OH But I was As good as you in 5th grade. IDK now........